Multiple Pathways to Healing
There are multiple ways to get emotional support at Western. Learn about some of your options.
Some forms of support can be directly accessed without a counseling appointment:
- Self-Help Library (apps, podcasts, videos, readings)
- Wellness Wednesdays
- Community Check-Ins
- Drop-in Groups & Workshops
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOL) Consultation
- Sexual Health Info Session
- Resiliency Specialist
- Sexual Violence Survivor Advocate
- Student Health Center
- Other Campus or Community Offices & Organizations
Other forms of support involve connecting with a counselor for more intensive care.
To access these pathways, start with a phone consultation to discuss ways to manage your concern. Some students find that this is the right amount of support and do not need to pursue other pathways.
If you would like to purse ongoing, intensive support, your phone counselor will help you get connected to those pathways.