Eligibility for Services

Eligibility for Services

The Counseling Center provides clinical and outreach services for currently enrolled WWU students. This includes:

  • Any WWU student who is currently enrolled for at least one credit AND has paid the Health Services fee.

  • Non-WWU matriculating students, as may be the case with some students enrolled in specific programs operating through Outreach and Continuing Education (e.g., some international student programs), who have paid the Health Services fee.

  • Other students (e.g., student teachers, students at off-campus locations) who have paid the Health Services fee.

Manually Paying the Health Services Fee

The Health Services fee provides eligibility for services at the Counseling Center and the Student Health Center. Please note that students who are enrolled in six or more credits are automatically billed the Health Services fee. Students who are enrolled in fewer than six credits, must give authorization to have the Health Services fee billed to their account.

To pay the Health Services Fee manually, you must complete the Authorization to Bill Health Services Fee form. This form may also be found on the Student Health Center Online Forms web page, under the header, "Authorization to Manually Bill the Health Services Fee (when the fee wasn't automatically billed to your WWU student account)". Complete the form, print it, sign it, then send a scan or picture of the form to student.health@wwu.edu. Please note that it may take up to two weeks to process the form. 

If you are unable to pay the Health Services fee due to a financial hardship, you may request a waiver. Email your request to CWC@wwu.edu.